If you have a sweet tooth but really can’t handle those all-too-sweet cupcakes, then you absolutely have to learn how to make whipped chocolate ganache frosting. It really is gorgeous, delicious and will soon to be your ‘go-to’ frosting for that birthday cake, party desserts and more. Just follow our simple recipe!
Chocolate Chips (2 Cups); semi-sweet works, but you can adjust to your liking.
Heavy Whipping Cream (1 Cup)
Vanilla Extract (2 Teaspoons)
Powdered Sugar (1/2 Cup, optional)
- Finely chop the chocolate chips and place into a bowl. Boil the cream until it simmers and pour on top of the chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes until mixture is smooth.
- For a lighter frosting, let the mixture sit for a couple hours at room temperature.
- Place the mixing in a stand mixer and add vanilla extract. Whip it up until it’s to your liking! You can add the powdered sugar for a richer taste.
- Add the frosting to your cake and enjoy!
- Don’t let the cream to over boil. You can always use a microwave to heat the cream as well.
- For a more natural taste and better shape, use a full chocolate bar rather than chips. You can coarsely chop the chocolate.
- You can also use white chocolate or milk chocolate, but they may become victim to heat damage so reduce the cream.
The great thing about chocolate ganache frosting is that it works well in any weather (as opposed to buttercream) because it sets quickly in warm weather. It isn’t too sweet because there is no added sugar, but instead brings out the chocolate flavor in the frosting. And face it, who can say ‘no’ to more chocolate? Definitely not this sweet tooth! For some of us, it’s just so much more delicious than the traditional recipes because it can be used on a variety of cakes, makes a thick, full layered frosting and it’s easy to apply and fix up when you’re making those special delights for your guests. It really is easy to use and gives a much cleaner look too.
- Posted by Diana
- On 28th November 2016
- 0 Comments